1. Research shows that women with DCIS or breast cancer who have a mastectomy live longer than those who have breast-sparing surgery.A. True B. False
2. All of the following are true with regard to a patient who has DCIS, except for:A. Abnormal cells were found in the lining of the breast duct. B. Abnormal cells have spread outside of the duct to the breast tissue. C. The abnormal cells are not invasive cancer, but they may become cancer. D. DCIS is also known as Stage 0 or noninvasive cancer.
3. Surgery choices for DCIS are based on how much of the breast has abnormal cells in it and where they are in the breast.A. True B. False
4. After breast-sparing surgery, most women also receive radiation therapy to keep cancer from coming back in the same breast.A. True B. False
5. Breast reconstruction surgery must be completed at the same time as the mastectomy.A. True B. False
6. Breast implants can cause which of the following problems?A. Breast hardness B. Pain C. Infection D. All of the above
7. Which patient is most likely to have a mastectomy rather than breast-sparing surgery?A. A patient with small breasts and a large area of DCIS or cancer. B. A patient who has DCIS or cancer in more than one part of their breast. C. A patient who has DCIS or cancer under the nipple. D. All of the above.
8. About 10% of women who have which type of surgery along with radiation therapy get cancer in the same breast within 12 years?A. Patients who had breast-sparing surgery. B. Patients who had a mastectomy. C. Patients who had a mastectomy and breast reconstruction surgery. D. All of the above.
Copyright © 2019 Cheap Nursing CEUs
Visit us at https://www.cheapnursingceus.com